Gluten-Free Diet Basics
- Ingredients To Watch For (And Why)
- This section leads you to information on what items on
label's ingredients lists are safe (though they don't
sound it), suspect, or clearly taboo. This is the place
to go to get an education on ingredients; why are some
things on celiac society food lists as safe, and on
others as not?
- Foods (and other things) To Think
- As if reading labels weren't enough, here's a list to get
you thinking about the sorts of foods most people don't
always think of as having wheat, rye, barley or oats in
them. And a few other surprising areas where
cross-contamination can get you.
- Celiac Support Groups on the Web
- Whether you're seeking on-line support, or information
about groups you can visit in-person, this page offers
you links and lists. Make no mistake, one of the best
things you can do to make your life (or the life of a
friend) as a celiac better is make contact with others.
Recipe exchanges, picnics, information on suppliers and
restaurant food all become much simpler to obtain when
you join support groups. Plus, in numbers there is power
to change the laws to make all our lives better.
- Cooperative Food Lists, Hard Copy
- Here are a few food lists you can send for, compiled by
local celiac societies
- Gluten-Free Foods
- Log into Delphiforums to join the online Celiac Support group which
keeps a folder full of foods verified by forum members as being
Copyright ©1998 Linda Blanchard All Rights
Reserved. Date Added: February 16, 1998. Last Update: January 07, 2009.