What Can I Do To Help Other Celiacs?
- Here are several suggestions for things you can do to
help other celiacs, both as individuals, and as a group.
- Join a local support group -- or start one if there isn't
one in your area.
- Help fund the Center for Celiac
Research. Every little bit helps. Have a car wash or
some other fundraising event if you can't contribute
- Call food manufacturers and ask good questions. The
more of us calling, the more aware they will become of
the St. John's free email listserv and join in the
discussions. You learn a lot and help by answering the
questions of others. Plus, there is power in numbers and
the numbers of celiacs with computer access is
astounding, and growing.
- When a local celiac ends up in the hospital or otherwise
unable to cope, bring food. This is wise and kind to do
for wheat-eaters but it is well nigh critical for
Copyright ©1999 Linda Blanchard All Rights
Reserved Worldwide. Date Added: March 21, 1998. Last Update:
October 12, 1999